Just Paris – it is the most visited city in the world with a reputation as the most romantic one. No matter how long you stay, a day or much longer, Paris sticks with you. Maybe it’s the Eiffel Tower, fondly referred to as the Iron Lady or the Louvre. Perhaps a boat ride on the Seine and a concert at Ste-Chapelle. Or possibly it’s the chance to wander away from the crowds and see how Parisians really live. Dining is a key part of any visit to Paris. Find a spot at a neighbourhood bistro or a Michelin- starred restaurant. Whatever you are looking for you’ll find, including vegan fare. And don’t forget her incredible collections of art. There are museums and galleries to suit every taste.
Paris is just so intriguing, no wonder I wanted to live there for a year. Read my post on Why I Moved to Paris.
Here are all my posts on Paris from neighbourhoods, to hotels, museums, cafés, and day trips! Enjoy!
“Paris is an ocean. Explore it, and you still won’t know its depths.”
Honoré de Balzac
Planning Your Paris Trip
Check out the best rates for flights.
- Hôtel la Comtesse with an Eiffel Tower view
- Chouchou Hotel with an eclectic vibe
- Hôtel de Joséphine Bonaparte in the heart of the Marais
- Hôtel des Académies et des Arts in Saint-Germain des Prés (the left bank)
Prefer staying in an apartment? Here are some fabulous Paris apartments:
- Portrait of Splendour literally filled with portraits, in the Marais
- Joyau de Marais
- The Panthéon Pageantry
Popular Paris Guided Tours and Tickets
Be sure to book in advance for the most popular things to do. Book your one-hour Seine cruise, a timed-entry ticket to the Louvre, and a skip-the-line ticket to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. And don’t forget Versailles and Disneyland! Museum-lovers will want to purchase the Paris Museum Pass.
If you really want to explore secret Paris? There are over 60 secret spots in my eBook, Paris for the Curious Stroller.
10 Top Paris Essentials
- Visit the Eiffel Tower: No trip to Paris is complete without a visit to the iconic Eiffel Tower. Take the elevator or climb the stairs to the top for a breathtaking view of the city. Be sure to visit at night when the tower is beautifully illuminated.
- Explore the Louvre Museum: The Louvre is one of the world’s largest and most famous museums, housing a collection of over 35,000 artworks. From the Mona Lisa to ancient Egyptian artifacts, there is something for everyone to admire here.
- Stroll Along the Seine River: The Seine River flows through the heart of Paris and provides a picturesque backdrop for a leisurely walk. Take in the sights of the city while enjoying the beautiful river views.
- Indulge in French Cuisine: Paris is known for its incredible food, so be sure to sample some of the local delicacies. From croissants and baguettes to escargots and foie gras, you’ll find a variety of delicious dishes to try.
- Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral: Although it was damaged in a fire in 2019, the Notre-Dame Cathedral remains a stunning piece of architecture and an important landmark in Paris. Take a tour of the cathedral and admire the intricate stained glass windows and Gothic design.
- Walk along the Champs-Élysées: This famous avenue is lined with shops, cafes, and theaters. Take a leisurely stroll and admire the beautiful architecture.
- Take a boat tour of the Seine River: See the sights of Paris from a different perspective by taking a boat tour along the Seine River.
- Visit the Palace of Versailles: Take a day trip to the Palace of Versailles and explore the opulent halls and gardens of this historic royal residence.
- Explore Montmartre: This charming neighborhood is famous for its artists and picturesque streets. Visit the Sacré-Cœur Basilica for panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the Musée d’Orsay: This museum is housed in a former train station and is home to an impressive collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art.
5 Things To Know About Parisians
- Parisians take pride in their city: Parisians are fiercely proud of their city, and for good reason. They love to show off its beauty, history, and culture to visitors.
- They have a reputation for being fashionable: Parisians are known for their impeccable sense of style. From the latest designer fashions to vintage finds, they always look effortlessly chic.
- Parisians love their coffee: Parisians take their coffee seriously and are known for their love of espresso. You’ll find cafes on every corner, and coffee breaks are a daily ritual for many Parisians.
- They appreciate good food and wine: Paris is known for its incredible cuisine, and Parisians take their food and wine seriously. They love to dine out and enjoy good wine with their meals.
- They value their leisure time: Parisians work hard, but they also value their leisure time. They enjoy spending time with friends and family, taking walks, visiting museums and galleries, and enjoying the many cultural offerings of the city.