Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Paris gifts or Paris-themed gifts are perfect for the Francophile in your life. Francophiles are slightly obsessed with France and usually with Paris in particular. A Francophile daydreams of croissants, cafés, and berets. Do you know a Francophile who would love a Paris-inspired gift?
Sit back and enjoy this selection of Paris gifts. Dream a little, maybe in French, and bring some Paris into the everyday life of a dear Francophile.
1. Paris Gifts: Cook Up A French Storm
Cookbooks – The Ultimate Paris Gifts for the Chef
Bring home a taste of French cooking and create a gourmet French feast!
- Julia Child will have you stirring up a storm in this classic 2-volume set of recipes.
- Follow Patricia Wells’ expertise in French cooking and get the taste buds watering.
- Anthony Bourdain’s cookbook gives you all the strategies and techniques of classic bistro cooking
- Do you know David Lebovitz’s My Paris Kitchen, full of recipes and stories?
Why not add in some Coucke tea Towels? It’s no secret that I love dish towels. Here are a few fun French cotton Jacquard ones: the Coq au Vin, Lavender, and one showing the regions of White Wines of France.
2. Make French Pâtisseries Like No Other!
For any Francophile with a sweet tooth, Paris gifts and pâtisseries are the perfect match!
- French Pâtisserie from the Ferrandi School of Culinarty Arts. Don’t forget you can dine at the Ferrandi School of Culinary Arts in Paris. Here is how.
- Molly Wilkinson, an American living in Versailles, makes French pastry accessible and easy! Here is her cookbook and she also offers an online pastry school.
- Obsessed with macarons? This cookbook by Master Chef, Pierre Hermé will make the perfect Paris-themed gift.
- Paris’s famous macaron store, Ladurée, which was founded in 1862 has several USA locations and shipping is available. The perfect Paris gifts… yes, more than one box will thrill a Francophile! Get Ladurée delivered to your door in the USA. Ladurée also delivers in France and the United Kingdom.
3. Paris-Themed Gifts: Coffee Table Books
Sit Paris on your coffee table and as you go about your day glance towards Paris every now and then. When you have a few minutes, pick up your Paris gift, put on some French music, maybe a little Serge Gainsbourg, and float towards the Seine.
- Literary Paris, A Photographic Tour is a wonderful stroll through Paris from historic bookstores to hidden cafés.
- These gorgeous books from iconic photographers Willy Ronis and Robert Doisneau are perfect Paris gifts for anyone who loves the city.
- This stunning book full of Paris photographs by Serge Ramelli is the perfect Paris gift to bring back fabulous memories.
- For the art lover, a collection of all the paintings from the Louvre in one book will have them turning pages for hours!
4. Paris Gifts: Book A Tour For A Francophile
Knowing that a tour is already booked before arriving in Paris is a wonderful Parisian gift idea!
- A timed entry to the Louvre
- Montmartre Walking Tour focussed on cheese, wine, and pastry
- A Seine River Cruise
- A Seine River Cruise and Evening at the Moulin Rouge
- And for the playful at heart, a visit to Disneyland Paris
5. The Ultimate Parisian-Themed Gift For The Francophile
Francophiles love to be inspired by stories of ordinary people living in Paris, walking in Paris and stories that make the city of Paris what it is today. Here are a few of my top picks for the Francophile in your life.
- A Paris Year – My Day-to-Day Adventures in Most Romantic City in the World by Janice MacLeod
- The Seine: The River That Made Paris by Elaine Sciolino
- The New Parisienne: The Women and Ideas Shaping Paris by Lindsey Tramuta
- Paris in Bloom by Georgianna Lane
6. Paris Souvenirs: Famous Tea
Did you know that the world-famous tea house Mariage Frères was founded in Paris in 1854? There are currently seven shop locations in Paris. Mark it on your schedule for your next visit to Paris. In the meantime, one of their tins of loose tea makes the perfect Paris-themed gift. Try the French breakfast Tea (is there a croissant with that?).
Another famous Parisian tea, Kusmi Tea, has its origins in Russia but during the Russian Revolution, the brand moved to Paris in 1917. Today delightful little tins of Kusmi tea called Anastasia or the organic Imperial Label are sure to please!
7. Paris Gifts: French Scented Candles
Diptyque is a French luxury brand that created the first scented candles in 1961. The delightful scents of Figuier (Fig tree), Lavender, and Roses create a delightful sensual atmosphere in any home. There are several locations in Paris, the original being at 35 Blvd. Saint-Germain. They also carry products in Fragrances, Home Décor, and Bath and Body.
8. Feminine Scents As A Paris-Inspired Gift
I know I said in this post that Paris smells of urine. It does. But it also carries the dreamy feminine scent of perfume. Just walk behind someone in Saint-Germain or Le Marais. Inhale.
Next visit why not visit some of the perfume boutiques where the liquid gold is handcrafted? Until then, treat yourself to a Paris gift and spray a dab of perfume on your wrists. Revel in the delicate scents.
9. And Especially For The Ladies
French lingerie is no secret. I swear every second store in Paris is a lingerie boutique and the big department stores have entire floors dedicated to lingerie.
10. Paris Gifts: For The Wine Lover
France and wine. Wine and France. Synonymous. Non?
Why not savour your French wine with style and knowledge? These Paris gifts will inform the curious-minded about what they are sipping!
- The New French Wine– Redefining The World’s Greatest Wine Culture
- The Wines Of Burgundy – oh là, là…how to taste wine, wine pairing, tasting notes on the top wines
- The Complete Bordeaux: The Wine, The Châteaux, The People
and plan for a Wine Tasting Class with a Sommelier while in Paris.
11. Paris Themed Gifts: Miscellaneous
Here are a few more Parisian gift ideas. Don a beret with your Mona Lisa socks and smile. Life is good. Or as they say in French, “La vie est belle!”
12. Paris Gifts For The Traveller
There’s nothing like a guidebook as a foundational piece for your travels. Here are a few options:
- Why not try Rick Steves Paris
- Or, Fodor’s Paris 2023 (just released November 1, 2022)
- And having a French phrasebook and dictionary is always handy
13. Paris-Inspired Gifts Found In Paris
There’s nothing like bringing home a unique Paris gift to keep those memories of your trip vibrant. Here are a few places to find special Paris gifts:
- The Bouquinistes along the Seine: It took me a while to linger at the bouquinistes, the booksellers along the Seine with the green bins. At first, I wasn’t quite sure what to make of them. Now, I often find unique Paris gifts for friends and family by spending time pouring over what they have to offer.
- Marin Montagut: It wasn’t until a French friend gave me a delightful gift from Marin Montagut that I became aware of this Saint-Germain des Prés boutique. If you love Paris stop by Marin Montagut for some glassware, cushions, and other design items that are just so Paris. These Paris gifts are treasures. Their E-shop uses UPS to deliver!
- Museum Gift Shops: Honestly I find the museum gift shops the easiest of places to find gifts. Two of my favourites are at the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay. These Paris museums all have great gift shops.
- Shakespeare and Company: Most people know this delightful English-language bookstore in Paris. Looking for Paris gifts? Purchase a book with the bookshop stamp! For the book lover in your life, how about ordering the Shakespeare and Co. Year of Reading? It’s a yearly subscription where subscribers will receive 12 books chosen by the booksellers in Paris.
- How about a visit to the famous Paris flea market, Les Puces Saint-Ouen? I am sure that you find Paris gifts here for the hardest person on your list to buy for.
I hope you found a little Parisian joy with these Paris gifts, for you or the Francophile in your life!
Until next time,
More Paris Info…
Get mixed up with the arrondissements of Paris? This guide to the Paris arrondissements will help you plan your best visit to the City of Light!
If you love hidden gems, here are 25 to discover in Paris.
This post on Montmartre leads you to the most popular sites as well as some lesser-known places in Montmartre.
Another of Paris’s most-loved areas is Saint-Germain des Prés. Here are my best tips on things to do in Saint-Germain des Prés.
Le Marais is one of the best areas of Paris to flâner. Here are 23 tops things to do in le Marais.
La Butte aux Cailles, tucked away in the 13th arrondissement, is another place in Paris that has retained its village-like charm. My article on La Butte aux Cailles will lead you to discover some of the area and its visually enticing street art.
Canal Saint-Martin is another place full of small restaurants, boutiques and plenty of character. Stroll the bridges of the canal under the chestnut trees and feel like a true Parisian. All the details on this “bobo” district are in this article on Canal Saint-Martin.
Here are all the things to do on Ile Saint-Louis, one of the oldest villages in Paris.
Don’t forget that the 7th arrondissement has lots to see and do once you have seen the Eiffel Tower.
And the 11th arrondissment of Paris? Authentic and full of great restaurants and shopping (like a local).
Other Paris and France Travel Tips:
Travelling to Paris alone? This article on navigating Paris alone is full of tips and tricks for the solo traveller.
This page has all my articles on Paris that will help you plan out your trip, including day trips from Paris. I hope you subscribed to my newsletter to get my free download – An Amazing 2-day Itinerary in Paris.
If you are going further afield in France, make sure to check out my page on France.