Calling all Francophiles! If you’re someone who dreams of strolling down the romantic streets of Paris, savouring buttery croissants and indulging in the finest wines, then this Paris gifts article is tailor-made for you. This curated list of Paris themed gifts will transport you straight to the City of Light. From Bistro cooking to gourmet treats you’re going to love these Parisian inspired gifts.
Sit back and enjoy this selection of enchanting gift ideas for Paris lovers. Dream a little, maybe in French, and bring some Paris into the everyday life of a dear Francophile.
15 Best Paris Gift Ideas
1. Cook Up A French Storm
Cookbooks – The Ultimate Paris Gifts for the Chef
Bring home a taste of French cooking and create a gourmet French feast!
- Julia Child will have you stirring up a storm in this classic 2-volume set of recipes.
- Patricia Wells Bistro Cooking is my new favourite cookbook. I’ve been cooking up a French storm and everything is fantastic!
- Anthony Bourdain’s Bistro Cooking gives you all the strategies and techniques of classic bistro cooking
- Do you know David Lebovitz’s My Paris Kitchen, full of recipes and stories?
2. Make French Pâtisseries Like No Other!
For any Francophile with a sweet tooth, Paris gifts and pâtisseries are the perfect match!
- French Pâtisserie from the Ferrandi School of Culinarty Arts. Don’t forget you can dine at the Ferrandi School of Culinary Arts in Paris. Here is how.
- Molly Wilkinson, an American living in Versailles, makes French pastry accessible and easy! Here is her cookbook and she also offers an online pastry school.
- Obsessed with macarons? This cookbook by Master Chef, Pierre Hermé will make the perfect Paris-themed gift.
- Paris’s famous macaron store, Ladurée, which was founded in 1862 has several USA locations and shipping is available. The perfect Paris gift… yes, more than one box will thrill a Francophile! Get Ladurée delivered to your door in the USA. Ladurée also delivers in France and the United Kingdom.
3. Paris Coffee Table Books
One of the best gifts for people who love Paris is the classic coffee table book! Sit a lovely Paris book on a coffee table, stroll past, and be mesmerized by Paris. When you have a few minutes, pick up your Paris gift, put on some French music, maybe a little Serge Gainsbourg, and float towards the Seine River.
- Literary Paris, A Photographic Tour is a wonderful stroll through Paris from historic bookstores to hidden cafés.
- These gorgeous books from iconic photographers Willy Ronis and Robert Doisneau are perfect gifts about Paris.
- This stunning book full of Paris photographs by Serge Ramelli is the perfect Paris gift to bring back fabulous memories.
- For the art lover, a collection of all the paintings from the Louvre in one book will have them turning pages for hours!
4. Paris Gifts: Book A Tour For A Francophile
Knowing that a tour is already booked before arriving in Paris is a wonderful Parisian gift idea!
- A timed entry to the Louvre
- Iconic Neighbourhoods Walking Tour focussed on cheese, wine, and pastry
- A Seine River Cruise
- A Seine River Cruise and Evening at the Moulin Rouge
- And for the playful at heart, a visit to Disneyland Paris
5. Eiffel Tower Paris Gifts
Gifts for someone who loves Paris should probably include a little dose of the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower, the iconic symbol of Paris, never grows old! Here are some Eiffel Tower-inspired gifts for the Francophile in your life!
- an Eiffel Tower 8.5 inch metal figurine
- a 3-D Eiffel Tower puzzle (calling all puzzle lovers!)
- an elegant Eiffel Tower table lamp
- an Eiffel Tower glass-blown ornament for the Christmas tree
6. The Ultimate Parisian-Themed Gift
One of the great gifts for Paris lovers are tales of ordinary people living in Paris, walking in Paris, and stories that make the city of Paris what it is today. Here are a few of my top picks for the Francophile in your life.
- A Paris Year – My Day-to-Day Adventures in Most Romantic City in the World by Janice MacLeod
- The Seine: The River That Made Paris by Elaine Sciolino
- The New Parisienne: The Women and Ideas Shaping Paris by Lindsey Tramuta
- Paris in Bloom by Georgianna Lane
7. Paris Souvenirs: Famous Tea
Did you know that the world-famous tea house Mariage Frères was founded in Paris in 1854? There are currently seven shop locations in Paris. Mark it on your schedule for your next visit to Paris. In the meantime, one of their tins of loose tea makes the perfect Paris-themed gift. Try the World Breakfast Tea Gift Set (is there a croissant with that?).
8. French Scented Candles
Diptyque is a French luxury brand that created the first scented candles in 1961. The delightful scents of Figuier (Fig tree), Lavender, and Roses create a delightful sensual atmosphere in any home. There are several locations in Paris, the original being at 35 Blvd. Saint-Germain. They also carry products in Fragrances, Home Décor, and Bath and Body.
9. Feminine Scents As A Paris Inspired Gift
I know I said in this post that Paris smells of urine. It does. But it also carries the dreamy feminine scent of perfume. Just walk behind someone in Saint-Germain or Le Marais. Inhale.
Next visit why not visit some of the perfume boutiques where the liquid gold is handcrafted? Until then, treat yourself to a Paris gift and spray a dab of perfume on your wrists. Revel in the delicate scents.
10. Paris Gifts For Her
French lingerie is no secret. I swear every second store in Paris is a lingerie boutique and the big department stores have entire floors dedicated to lingerie.
11. For The Wine Lover
France and wine. Wine and France. Synonymous. Non?
Why not savour your French wine with style and knowledge? These Paris gifts will inform the curious-minded about what they are sipping!
- The New French Wine– Redefining The World’s Greatest Wine Culture
- The Wines Of Burgundy – oh là, là…how to taste wine, wine pairing, tasting notes on the top wines
- The Complete Bordeaux: The Wine, The Châteaux, The People
and plan for a Wine Tasting Class with a Sommelier while in Paris.
12. Paris Themed Gifts: Miscellaneous
Here are a few more Parisian gift ideas. Don a beret with your Mona Lisa socks and smile. Life is good. Or as they say in French, “La vie est belle!”
13. Paris Gifts For The Traveller
There’s nothing like a guidebook as a foundational piece for your travels. Here are a few options:
- Why not try Rick Steves Paris (a new edition will be released June 11, 2024)
- Rick Steves Pocket Paris is super popular; was released July 2023
- Or, Fodor’s Paris 2024 (released October, 2023)
- And having a French phrasebook is always handy
14. Paris Gifts Found In Paris
There’s nothing like bringing home unique Paris gifts straight from Paris! Here are great ideas for Paris lovers:
- The Bouquinistes along the Seine: It took me a while to linger at the bouquinistes, the booksellers along the Seine with the green bins. At first, I wasn’t quite sure what to make of them. Now, I often find unique Paris gifts for friends and family by spending time pouring over what they have to offer.
- Marin Montagut: It wasn’t until a French friend gave me a delightful gift from Marin Montagut that I became aware of this Saint-Germain des Prés boutique. If you love Paris stop by Marin Montagut for some glassware, cushions, and other design items that are just so Paris. These Paris gifts are treasures. Their E-shop uses UPS to deliver!
- Museum Gift Shops: Honestly I find the museum gift shops the easiest of places to find gifts. Two of my favourites are at the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay. These Paris museums all have great gift shops.
- Shakespeare and Company: Most people know this delightful English-language bookstore in Paris. Looking for Paris gifts? Purchase a book with the bookshop stamp! For the book lover in your life, how about ordering the Shakespeare and Co. Year of Reading? It’s a yearly subscription where subscribers will receive 12 books chosen by the booksellers in Paris.
- How about a visit to the famous Paris flea market, Les Puces Saint-Ouen? I am sure that you find Paris gifts here for the hardest person on your list to buy for.
15. Unique Art Gifts By Tubidu Design
Francophiles will absolutely love the choice of products by Tubidu Design. Will you add a canvas print of Paris to your wall or choose a stunning tote bag with Parisian rooftops? Mugs with fantastic Paris scenes are great for a cup of tea. Currently, I have the Montmartre rooftops canvas print, the excellent quality tote bag, and several mugs. Tubidu Design is the perfect way to bring Paris home!
16. Le Creuset Enameled Dutch Oven
Oh my! I love cooking in one of these colourful French classic cast iron Dutch ovens. In French, they are known as a “cocotte!” Throw on your new apron, crack open your French cookbook, and create your next French feast in your Le Creuset cocotte. Will it be a boeuf bourguignon or rich cassoulet? This indispensable French cookware has been made in France since 1925.
17. Paris For The Curious Stroller
Paris for the Curious Stroller, my Ebook, leads you straight to the extraordinary side of Paris, the very best hidden jewels that the city has to offer. It’s the perfect gift for someone who loves Paris.
This Paris hidden gems guide
- shares over 60 little-known locations that locals like to keep on the down low
- takes you to all 20 Paris arrondissements
- will transform your next trip to Paris into the realm of phenomenal
Haven’t got your own copy yet? Get it right HERE.
What will you want to discover in Paris after reading Paris for the Curious Stroller?
So whether you’re looking for a special present or simply want to indulge in your love for all things French, I hope you found a little Parisian joy and essence of “la belle vie” with these Paris gift ideas!
Until next time,
More Paris Info…
Get mixed up with the arrondissements of Paris? This guide to the Paris arrondissements will help you plan your best visit to the City of Light!
If you love hidden gems, here are 25 to discover in Paris.
This post on Montmartre leads you to the most popular sites as well as some lesser-known places in Montmartre.
Another of Paris’s most-loved areas is Saint-Germain des Prés. Here are my best tips on things to do in Saint-Germain des Prés.
Le Marais is one of the best areas of Paris to flâner. Here are 23 tops things to do in le Marais.
La Butte aux Cailles, tucked away in the 13th arrondissement, is another place in Paris that has retained its village-like charm. My article on La Butte aux Cailles will lead you to discover some of the area and its visually enticing street art.
Canal Saint-Martin is another place full of small restaurants, boutiques and plenty of character. Stroll the bridges of the canal under the chestnut trees and feel like a true Parisian. All the details on this “bobo” district are in this article on Canal Saint-Martin.
Here are all the things to do on Ile Saint-Louis, one of the oldest villages in Paris.
Don’t forget that the 7th arrondissement has lots to see and do once you have seen the Eiffel Tower.
And the 11th arrondissement of Paris? Authentic and full of great restaurants and shopping (like a local).
Other Paris and France Travel Tips:
Travelling to Paris alone? This article on navigating Paris alone is full of tips and tricks for the solo traveller.
This page has all my articles on Paris that will help you plan out your trip, including day trips from Paris. I hope you subscribed to my newsletter to get my free download – An Amazing 2-day Itinerary in Paris.
If you are going further afield in France, make sure to check out my page on France.