Welcome to Chile
Visit Chile. You know… that long skinny stretch of land with the Andes soaring in one direction and the Pacific Ocean beckoning in the other? I had dreamed of travelling to Chile and in the late fall of 2018, that dream came true. Chile quickly started to elbow its way into that group of my favourite countries. Was it the Carmenere wine, the juicy summer fruit, the passionate people and the story of their past that captured me? Perhaps it was just being in the presence of Pablo Neruda’s aura. I mean, he did write the best love poems ever, right?
The longer you stay in Chile, the more you realize what a gem it is. The desert in the north, the Andes, the lake district and wine country. And what about Easter Island and the southern glacial fields?
Chile, I got a taste of you and I am not done with you! I shall return.
If you are looking for tips on planning a 3-month itinerary in South America, here is my itinerary through Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Colombia.
Posts About Chile
- Here is my 2-week itinerary for Chile. It is the slow traveller’s route. It was slow but quite honestly, not slow enough! Leave yourself lots of time to explore Chile, if possible.
- San Pedro de Atacama is a village in the driest, non-polar region of the world. The striking landscapes around San Pedro are otherworldly. Read here to find out about 6 Wondrous Things to do in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Did you know the world’s highest geyser field is 90 km north of San Pedro? Find out about El Tatio and the 7 Things You Should Know Before Going
- Santiago is a capital city that might surprise you. Read my post on 15 Impressive Things to do in Santiago. Make sure you leave yourself a few days to explore Santiago.
- Valparaiso, the “Jewel of the Pacific,” is a city hanging from the hills over the Pacific Ocean. Its colourful homes, street art and historical importance do not disappoint. Here is Your Ultimate Guide to Exploring Valparaiso.