Welcome to Spain
The first thing you will notice when travelling in Spain is that the Spanish way of living is with heart. You can’t miss it. Rapid-fire conversation, intense flamenco dancing, socializing over tapas and fierce pride in their culture create a culture that is vibrant and passionate. And what about those meals that last around the table for hours on end? Food and wine consumed with passion. That is the Spanish way.
Spain will grab you and not let you go. This country on the Iberian Peninsula is varied and diverse. The landscapes change from the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines to the Sierra Nevada, Picos de Europa and Pyrenees mountain ranges. How about a hike in the mountains or challenging yourself to walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostella? Incredible architecture (did someone mention Anton Gaudi and the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona or the Mesquita in Córdoba?) is found in Spain. The Moorish influence is also found in the Alhambra in Granada and the Real Alcázar in Seville.
Travelling in Spain can be just what you want it to be – relaxing on the Canary Islands, watching the running of the bulls in Pamplona or viewing world-class art in the Museo del Prado in Madrid.
Plan your journey and count on the fact that there are 17 autonomous regions in Spain with diverse cultures. Learn a little Spanish before you go, or Catalan if you are headed to Barcelona, and arrive with a sense of wonder. You will not be disappointed.
Travelling in Spain: My Posts
- Córdoba: This small Andalusian city is full of history. Don’t miss the Mesquita and be sure to see a festival or two.
- You’ve heard Seville is amazing– right? Get lost in the winding streets, devour tapas, climb ancient church towers and smell the orange blossoms. You won’t be disappointed.
- If you’re looking for a coastal town with an artsy vibe, look no further than Sitges. More Travel Information
- Here is the official website for travel information for Barcelona.
- And get all the info you need about Madrid right here.