Welcome to Planning Your Travels. Once you have made the decision to go on your trip, the fun begins PlanningYour Travels!
Lots of time goes into planning, but the more I read and research the more excited I get! Is anyone else like that?
Planning your travels can literally be the difference between a successful and not-so-successful trip. It’s not that every single minute has to be planned and structured but having a framework and certain key pieces in place will be such a relief when you hit the road.
Is your first night’s accommodation booked? If you are in peak season, do you have all your accommodation booked? How will you get there from the airport? Is there public transport (cheap) or will you take a taxi? You won’t regret thinking through some of these critical decisions before leaving the comfort of your own home.
Here are some tried and true planning steps I use and things I like to think about before leaving Canada.
- How I Plan My Journey explains the steps to planning out a successful trip.
- Proof of Onward Travel| Don’t Make this Mistake is a post that is handy if you are a long-term traveller and not 100% sure when you are planning to leave a country. Or by what means of transportation?
- 15 Eco-Friendly Travel Products: What’s in Your Bag? will help you pop a few more eco-friendly items in your bag and a little less single-use plastic.
- 21 Useful Travel Gifts to Delight Any Traveller is a list of some handy items that will make your trip go much smoother
- Wondering how to Pack Light? Read this post for tips on how to travel light. I was once a classic over packer and have made the switch to carry-on only. Well, at least most of the time.
- Paris Scams | How to Avoid Travel Scams is worth reading as travellers are often the target for scams. This post is focused on common scams in Paris but they are very similar in other European cities and other parts of the world. Read this post and be aware!